Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A party fit for a Superhero


For Big's 3rd birthday we had a Superhero party.

We invited friends and family over to Superhero Headquarters to fight crime and hang out. Each Hero got a cape when they got here. (I wanted to make these for each child so badly that I stayed up until 3:30 AM the night before sewing them all. What a parent won't do for the sake of the perfect party! Unfortunately I didn't have the energy to touch up the wall at 3:30.)



We had several games that we played. They each got a can of silly string and were asked to fight the evil villain (Sponge Bob, because it was what the local toy story had). The silly string was gone all to quickly!


We (and when I say we, I really mean my mom and husband, as I was too much of a weakling to blow even one up) blew up balloons before the party and then we asked the guests to stomp out crime and pop a balloon. Unfortunately I must have gotten super strength balloons, as the 3 year olds could not get them to pop. Evil won that round.



We had lighting bolt chicken strips, fruit and cake for supper for the Superhero's.



All in all it was a success. Maybe I should start planning for next year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment