Friday, December 30, 2011

Goals aka Resolutions

This year I am going to call my Resolutions, Goals. I think it has a nicer sound to it. We'll see if it helps me accomplish more!

Goal #1: Post on this blog twice a week. This was a resolution last year (my hopes were to post more frequently than once a month), which in the beginning of the year I failed miserably at. I've gotten better in the last months of the year. So it will once again be something that I attempt to better myself at!

Goal #2: Live up my last year in my twenty's. Like I mentioned yesterday, this will either have me getting more sleep or less. I'm still trying to decide.

More sleep means less done around the house when I don't have small hands helping me to undo all that is right. It also means more energy the next day to right the wrong of the house. (I hate double edged swords!)

Less sleep means more ME or Me and Chris time, which currently is pretty much nonexistent. I could really use this, along with the cleaning of the home front thing!


I'll be sure to keep you posted on ways I find to Live It Up!

Goal #3: That whole dress for the job you want, not the job you have thing. Although I am quite pleased with my current position, the saying seemed to fit what I want to attain, not the reality of it! A lot of blogs I have found will post "What I Wore Wednesdays." In general these people are beyond adorable and always seem to be put together. So my goal is to attempt to dress nice (not just in jeans and a t-shirt, which is my usual attire) on Wednesdays. I'm thinking baby steps here people. Hopefully this will grow to more like 5 out of 7 days, but we'll start with one, so as to not scare the crap out of the people who know me!

Goal #4: Get Big to go to sleep at a normal 3 year old hour, I'm thinking 9 PM to start with. Again as Dr. Leo Marvin writes, Baby Steps! Eventually I would like to see bedtime be 8 PM for him, but at this point I will take what I can get. As previously mentioned, Big stays up far to late for a 3 year old, so in the year of 2012 we are going to right this. I'm just not sure how I plan on accomplishing this monstrous task. We may have to cut nap time down to 1 hour or maybe even do away with it (*gasp* did I just really put that in writing? I can accomplish so much during nap time!) So here's to 2012 being the year of sleep, or lack there off!

Goal #5: Do a Mommy craft project once a month. I have found so many adorable crafts and home decor items on some of my favorite blogs this past year. Not to mention the addition of Pinterest into my life, that alone has put the "I would like to make this" number into the thousands and counting. So once a month, I am going to set aside some time to make a Mommy craft project! I'm not sure how potentially cutting out naps and me going to bed sooner will play into this. I may have to scrap those, we'll see!

So there you have it, 5 Goals that I will attempt to accomplish in 2012. Be sure to tune in and see if I am able to obtain these! It's going to be a GREAT year!

Just for fun, here's the boys in front of our Christmas tree before we celebrated our families Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment